What We Do
Pilot Capital Management Corporation is a registered investment advisory firm. The Private Client Group works primarily with High Net Worth and Mass Affluent individuals, trusts and small business owners. We provide financial planning and investment management. See our brochure here.
For investments and financial planning, Robert Hanten, IAR, RFC, LUTCF, FICF works as an Investment Advisor Representative and Portfolio Manager for Pilot Capital Management Corporation of Minneapolis, MN, a Registered Investment Advisory Firm. For insurance related products, Mr. Hanten works in that capacity as an agent for Solidarity Financial, Inc, a licensed insurance agency.
Our investment advisory and financial planning services are listed below:
(Fees from $200 to $5,000)
- Comprehensive Financial Plans.
- Modular Financial Planning.
- Retirement Planning.
- Estate Planning.
- Education Funding.
- Goal Funding.
- Asset Allocation and Investment Analysis.
- Budgeting & Balance Sheet Analysis.
- Fee-only Investment Management:
- For accounts between $50k and $1,500k, Pilot Capital Management Corporation has two no-load annuity/mutual fund/ETF programs based on Modern Portfolio Theory and managed personally by Robert Hanten of Pilot Capital Management Corporation.
- For accounts over $1,500k, we use City National Rochdale Investment Management, of New York, NY. These portfolios are fully managed accounts containing individual stocks and bonds and some mutual funds and ETF's.
Solidarity Financial, Inc. is a licensed life and health insurance agency in Minnesota, and Robert Hanten is the principle. As an agency, our fiduciary duty is to the insurance company, and we are charged by our regulators with fair dealing and conduct towards our competitors and our clients. Insurance companies and agents are regulated by the states. The state regulators have a relatively stellar record of regulatory oversight compared to the federal oversight of securities and banking. As an licensed insurance agency, we provide the following products and services either directly, or through commission sharing arrangements with specialists. We make use of specialists extensively to assure the best in service and competitiveness in the various aspects of our practice.
Fixed Life Insurance for Individuals:
- Life Insurance: Term, Whole Life, Universal Life as per the client's need.
- Disability Insurance, including supplemental policies for those with Long Term Disability. (LTD) through their employer.
- Long Term Care Insurance.
- Fixed Annuities (guaranteed lifetime income and safe accumulation).
- Individual Health Insurance.
- Critical Illness Insurance.
Insurance, Retirement and Risk Management For Businesses:
- Executive Compensation and Retention.
- Business Disposition Planning and funding arrangements.
- Buy-Sell Planning and Funding Arrangements due to death or disability.
- Company Retirement Plans (Simple IRA's, SEP's, 401(k)'s and 412 (e) plans).
- Group Life, Health, Long Term Disability and Long Term Care Insurance.
- Estate Liquidity Planning for closely held businesses to pay estate taxes and transfer the business to the next generation and hopefully minimize family friction between non-owner siblings.
Related Insurance Services for Individuals:
- Estate Planning.
- Income & Pension Planning.
- Life and disability Insurance Needs Analysis.